Top 5 Things to Consider when Designing a Pool
As a pool contractor in Temecula, creating the perfect pool design for a family is the number one goal. However, to create the backyard oasis that every family wants, there are some things to consider to ensure the pool and the surrounding space are both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
1. Style – The shape and style of a pool is very important and needs to complement the architecture of the home and the existing landscaping. It’s usually pretty simple to begin the design process once a pool contractor in Temecula knows what the client’s tastes and preferences are, as well as the layout and dimensions of their backyard.
2. Pool Location – When designing a pool, the location of where it is situated is done for both aesthetic reasons as well as functionality of the space. Considering where people will be entering and exiting the pool and where people will congregate are important things to think about when creating a pool design. Pool builders in Temecula should also consider important things like zoning and building laws, water runoff, location of existing utilities, etc. Another thing to reflect on is that homeowners often look at their pool more than they swim in it, so it’s important to take into account where it is situated in relation to the home.
3. Square Footage of the Backyard – While this seems obvious, it’s important to factor this into your decision making so the backyard is not all pool and hardscape. Designing the best possible pool for you requires determining the ideal pool size in relation to the square footage available.
4. Budget – Before designing a luxury pool it’s important to consider how much you can spend to make your dream pool a reality. The most common mistake I see people make in my years as a pool builder in Temecula Valley is they design a pool that does not fit their budget. Work within the confines of what you can realistically afford and not just what you want. My suggestion: Make a wish list of things you like and that are financially feasible.
5. Who will use the Pool? – Will kids, neighbors, friends, and family be using the pool or will it be used to create a relaxing retreat space? Knowing the purpose of the pool can assist the pool contractor to better plan the space.
As a reputable and established pool builder in the Temecula Valley, I offer expertise and design services that will assist you in making the right choice. A choice you can be happy with for years and years to come.
For more information on how to design the perfect pool for your backyard contact Dave Thompson at Temecula Valley Custom Pools at 951,202.2393.