Giving your Pool a Facelift
A well-built pool will give you many years of enjoyment. However, like everything in life, nothing lasts forever. Sooner or later, all pools in will need some major work done whether for aesthetic purposes or practical reasons. Typical pool renovations in Temecula are a result of:
- Breakdown of pool materials such as pool lining, coping, decking
- Old and outdated pumps, filters, and plumbing needing to be replaced
- The design is dated and doesn’t meet the owner’s standards
- The pool was there when the homeowner bought the house and it is outdated and in need of repair.
Whether a pool needs to be completely replaced or overhauled or a homeowner is just looking to give the pool a facelift, renovations to a pool can not only bring back value, it can provide enjoyment that may have been missing before the renovation.
Some of the things that pool builders and pool contractors in Temecula will do when renovating a pool is:
- Add new water features like waterfalls, streams, bubblers scuppers, etc.
- Change a chlorine based system to a salt water system
- Eliminate the depth of an older pool. Shallow pools are better for games, wading, and lap swimming
- Remove dated diving boards and/or waterslides
- Add a spa
- Add a baja reef, swim up bar, or steps
- Add Energy-Efficient LED Lighting
- Update design materials
- Redo the shape and size of the pool
The sky is the limit when it comes to giving your existing pool a facelift. Just keep in mind, the more extensive the makeover the higher the cost. Just like designing a brand-new pool from scratch, the existing pool renovation requires a predetermined budget to keep costs under control. Doing a dramatic facelift on your pool is almost like installing a brand-new pool without having the expense of a total replacement.
If you would like more information on pool renovations in Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, or Menifee, please call Dave Thompson of Temecula Valley Custom Pools at 951.202.2393.